traditional undhiyu recipe | authentic undhiyu recipe | how to make gujarati undhiyu. for undhiyu:
3 tbsp oil + 1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp carom seeds/ajwain/ajmo
a pinch of turmeric powder
1/4 tsp asafoetida/hing
1/2 cup valor papdi/sem ki phali
1/2 cup tuver dana/pigeon peas
2 baby eggplant/ small baingan
2 baby potatoes
1/4 cup purple yam/ratalu
1/4 cup sweet potato
1/4 cup suran/elephant food yam
1 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp undhiyu masala
12-15 methi muthiya
2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
1/4 cup water
for undhiyu masala:
1/2 cup green garlic
3 tbsp coriander leaves
2 green chillies
1 small piece ginger
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 tbsp peanuts, roasted
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp lemon juice
Website – http://www.aapdukitchen.com
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/aapdukitchen
Twitter – https://twitter.com/aapdukitchen
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/aapdukitchen
Google Plus – https://plus.google.com/112725605940703008905/posts
Linkedin - https://in.linkedin.com/in/aapdukitchen
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/aapdukitchen
Tumblr - http://aapdukitchen.tumblr.com
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwpTmv0AKkS5GgK7I4v8lRw
for undhiyu masala recipe:
- first of all, take a mixer jar and add roasted peanuts, desiccated coconut, green chillies, garlic cloves, ginger, coriander leavesand lemon juice.
- grind to make a fine paste.
- take out 2 tbsp of prepared paste in another bowl and keep aside.
- now take baby potatoes and baby eggplant and give cross slit on the top so you can stuff them.
- next fill the the stuffing which we have kept aside generously.
for undhiyu recipe:
- firstly, take oil in a pressure cooker and add carom seeds to it.
- once it crackles, then add asafoetida.
- next add prepared masala paste and saute till raw smell disappears. approximately it will take a minute.
- now add pinch of turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander cumin powder and undhiyu masala powder.
- mix well and sauce for a minute.
- at this stage add 1 tbsp of oil, it will help to release more oil in the vegetable as we are not adding much water to make undhiyu.
- further add valor papdi, tuver dana, salt to taste and sugar.
- mix and cook for 4-5 minutes on a low flame.
- further add sweet potatoes, suran, ratalu and stiffed baby potatoes and eggplants.
- mix well and cover the plate and add 1/4 cup of water on the top.
- let it cook on a slow flame for 4-5 minutes.
- mix occasionally so it does not stick to the bottom.
- cover and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- check, vegetables would be cooked but now, if not cover and again cook for more 5-7 minutes.
- place prepared methi muthia over it, if you are adding banana, add stuffed not too ripe banana at this stage.
- now again cover the pan and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes. more the undhiyu simmers, more tastier it would be.
- - finally, add coriander leaves and desiccated coconut, gently mix it.
- serve traditional undhiyu with jalebi and puri. personally, i prefer having undhiyu with roti and shrikhand.
Tags: traditional undhiyu recipe | authentic undhiyu recipe | how to make gujarati undhiyu, undhiyu recipe, traditional undhiyu recipe, authentic undhiyu recipe, how to make gujarati undhiyu, gujarati undhiyu recipe, perfect undhiyu recipe, how to make undhiyu, oondhiya recipe, undhiyo recipe, gujarati sabji undhiyu recipe, kathiyawadi undhiyu recipe, gujarati undhiyu recipe video, gujarati dish undhiyu recipe, tasty undhiyu recipe, easy undhiyu recipe, pressure cooker undhiyu recipe, quick undhiyu recipe, gujarati undhiyu step by step, best undhiyu recipe